Managing individual desktops is inefficient, costly and complex.
Virtual Desktops (VDI) provide the following benefits for business today:
- Improve Productivity - Allows enterprises to “See as Their Users See” or see life from the perspective of the end user, seeing what is impacting their ability to get their jobs done and providing an accurate view of IT service availability, usage and satisfaction.
- IT Simplification - Reallocate IT staff from support to new projects and simplify IT operations by eliminating the cost and resources needed to support multiple operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.,) applications and data into a handful of simplified images that can easily be provisioned, managed and delivered to end users.
- Desktops available for any device - End users can access their desktop from any PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone they prefer. Combined with a company Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy, end users can incorporate the devices that make them productive in their personal lives into their work privacy for the end user, meeting compliance and regulatory security standards for the business.
- Immediate access for End Users - All applications, all data, your desktop, securely available from anywhere on any device.
- Universal security policies - Meet security and compliance requirements by establishing access and governance policies that manage utilization of end-user computing services.
- Desktops that scale and change with the business - With virtual desktops the physical machines, applications, and data are decoupled from one another meaning business can scale and make changes as necessary without impacting their desktop investment. This allows the business and IT to be more responsive to the needs of end users and business climate changes. Scale up for the busy season; scale back during off peak times.
- Future-proof your IT investments - With virtual desktops, applications and data are allocated to individuals and groups instead of their devices. Hardware investments are reduced and application changes or upgrades are more cost effective and easier to implement.
- Protecting IT investment with PCs ready to transition to the Cloud - Once desktops are virtualized and end users can access the applications and files they have access to from any computing device an important shift happens for business. No more PC refresh budgets and when it becomes practical, these same desktops or the next generation can be served up from the cloud as a cloud hosted desktop.
An easy-to-use VDI IOPS calculator
Mini Case Study – A financial services client was able to reduce the number of desktop images (an image is the combination of the desktop operating system and applications that make up a unique users desktop) they were supporting from 180 to 5, significantly cutting the time and resources needed to manage and patch their desktops.
Ready to build a virtualization environment that delivers an exceptional, measurable, end user experience, that balances the desire for flexibility and freedom, with the need to maintain security, retain management control, and contain costs?
Our Professional IT Services include Managed IT Services, Managed Security, Hosted IT Services, Cloud Services, Mobile Device Management, IT Consulting, Citrix Support Services and Virtual Desktop (VDI).
Contact Us for More Information about Managed Security, We're Whitehat Virtual Technologies a full service IT provider serving Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and all of Texas.