7 Benefits of Citrix VDI-in-a-Box
One of the major challenges when it comes to the virtualization comes with the fact that you are dealing with an innovative technology that is new to your company. One bit of advice is to get Citrix managed support services for your company to handle the new technology and have it executed, managed and maintained across your business.
Citrix managed support services can significantly reduce the cost, time and complexity in the complete virtualization process. However businesses might be uncomfortable with or might not be able to afford Citrix managed support services. Luckily, there is Citrix VDI-in-a-Box.
VDI-in-a-Box is easy to set up, manage, and maintain. It enables you to have the advantages associated with full desktop virtualization without the complexity and attendant high costs.
The advantages of Citrix VDI-in-a-Box are as follows:
1. Cost Savings
You will be capable of getting your virtual desktop infrastructure up and going in no time without having to pay for the costly expensive infrastructure and expensive overheads of providing storage, servers, database servers, load balancers, connection brokers and others. These irrelevant costs represent about 60% of the total cost required to virtualize the desktop. In fact, you can easily have the virtual desktop for just around $260 to $475 each.
2. More dominant machines for your staff to use. You can just repurpose an existing PC or simply use a tablet and you will have very powerful machines at your fingertips with Citrix VDI in a Box.
3. You will have extensive periods before you will have to need a PC refresh.
4. Citrix VDI in a Box also enables your staff to work anywhere making use of any device they wish. As long as they have Mac, HDX-enabled PC, tablets or smartphones, they can easily make use of the Citrix Receiver and get to work anywhere!
5. Give users their own personalized desktops. Different users could have their own desktops that they can easily install their applications on. They could also configure and personalize these.
6. More features such as high availability, Follow-me desktops, virtual IP address grid-wise, apps and data, among others.
7. Quite easy to manage. All of your VDI in a Box can be centrally maintained. You could have a programmed policy-based management system to help cut the support costs.
Apart from the above mentioned advantages, VDI in a Box are also pretty simple to install. All you need is the software and a server accompanied with the hypervisor. You simply load the software on your server and it is all set to go. What's more, you can also scale it up or down by removing or adding servers on the grid depending upon your requirements. You do not need to redesign anything.
If you do not have the personnel or the budget to handle the virtualization in your company, then you might find help with a company that offers Citrix managed support services. However if you locate yourself in a tight spot, you can simply depend upon the Citrix VDI in a Box to quickly and easily virtualize any desktop and save on the costs in the process.