VMware is the Market Share Leader in Server Virtualization
You can dramatically improve the availability, performance and utilization of your IT resources through VMware virtualization, where the hardware resources of a single computer are used by multiple virtual machines. Each virtual machine is isolated from the others, eliminating potential conflicts. Virtualizing a single physical computer is great, but the real power of virtualization comes into play when you build an entire virtual infrastructure, improving application availability and agility while simplifying management. VMware offers the highest performing and most scalable virtualization platform in the industry for even the most
resource-intensive business critical applications at the lowest TCO.
- Build your infrastructure on the most trusted virtualization platform
- Run even your most resource intensive business critical applications
- Reduce both capital and operating expenses for the lowest TCO
- Download the Why Choose VMware for Server Virtualization whitepaper
The server virtualization market has expanded since VMware started in the 1990s. The differences between the various vendor platforms are significant. When you’re getting started, it’s hard to sort through the marketing hype from the hardcore benefits. No matter what industry you’re in or how large (or small) your company is, VMware offers several distinct advantages over the competition.
While VMware did not invent virtualization, we were the first to virtualize for the x86 platform in the 1990s. That would mean nothing if we had not continued to build upon and improve our initial products. Today, we are the global leader in x86 virtualization, with over 350,000 customers, including 100% of the Fortune 500. We continue to be first to market in key innovations, including vMotion live migration, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and Storage DRS. Our secure and reliable platform has been production-proven even under the most demanding workloads and the most resource intensive business critical applications.
See Why VMware has the Most Trusted Platform
While others like to say hypervisors are just a commodity and all virtualization platforms are the same, we beg to differ. Our vSphere hypervisor takes a radically different approach to virtualization and was the first “bare metal” hypervisor back in 2001. While other hypervisors rely a broad operating system, we eliminated any dependence on a general-purpose operating system or management console, stripping the code down to a tiny 144MB disk footprint.
Best Platform for Business Critical Applications
Only VMware can protect your business critical applications with a broad set of business continuity and disaster recovery solutions that help you eliminate both planned and unplanned downtime with the performance of virtualized applications meeting or beating non-virtualized applications.
- vSphere High Availability provides cost-effective failover protection, surviving even massive hardware failures across multiple hosts and quickly restarting vital virtual machines on other hosts as needed
- vSphere Fault Tolerance (FT) creates a live shadow instance of critical virtual machines, allowing instantaneous failover if the underlying hardware fails
- vMotion and Storage vMotion migrate virtual machines and virtual machine disk files so server or storage array maintenance can be performed with no disruption to the end user
- Live Resource Expansion lets you dynamically add CPU, memory and storage resources to running virtual machines if they require more resources than originally expected
- Site Recovery Manager gives you simple and reliable disaster protection with centralized management of recovery plans, non-disruptive testing and automated site recovery and migration
Contact Us for More Information about VMware products, We’re Whitehat Virtual Technologies a VMware partner, reseller and support serving Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and all of Texas.