Lay Hands on the Technology that Changed Graphics Delivered via Citrix/Microsoft/VMware Forever
I am very excited that in a little over a month, beginning April 21st we will be in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston with Thomas Poppelgaard, Citrix, Dell and NVIDIA kicking off our Spring road show demonstrating how we can radically improve the graphics experience of everyone using Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop with NVIDIA GRID graphics technology to a city (hopefully) somewhere near you and literally putting this technology in your hands and letting you see how everything works for yourself.
NVIDIA began talking about this technology the Citrix Synergy + Summit event last year and the requests for more information have steadily grown from Citrix customers wanting to see, touch and demo this technology in their own Citrix environments. We have two of the evaluations going on as I type this.
Of all of the requests that have come in, three stand out as the most common:
- Help customers build out new Citrix 7.x farms with NVIDIA GRID technology so they can see how this technology works with our applications.
- Build and host a Citrix XenApp/NVIDIA GRID environment for customers’ AutoDesk/CAD graphics intensive software packages so they can use the technology without having to make the capital investment in hardware and software.
- Help improve the quality of day-to-day graphics and training videos in Citrix utilizing NVIDIA GRID technology.
We have discovered that if you really want to understand the impact this technology can have on your environment, you really need to see the technology work, first hand, and be able to ask questions of the experts on the spot.
That was the genesis of the idea for the road show which would not have been possible without strong support from Citrix, NVIDIA, and Dell helping us put this event together and sending their own experts with us to each city to make sure you know everything you could possibly want to know by the time the event is over.
We will have a rack of Dell servers/storage with us onsite demonstrating this technology live in front of you with a table setup with an array of computers, tablets, etc. for you to lay hands on and see this technology work with your own eyes.
For those that are interested in a hosted solution or are not quite convinced how well this technology performs over a WAN connection, we will have a similar setup in one of our cloud data centers delivering the same applications to a second set of laptop/tablet-type devices at the event.
- If you want to see the technology work and ask questions of the architects of the environment, you can do that.
- If you want to experience this technology and see the quality of the graphics delivered from the cloud, you can do that.
- If you want to talk to the manufacturers about how the technology would work with your specific applications or environment tweaks, they will be there to answer questions.
- If you want to know about this technology in general and where it is headed, Thomas Poppelgaard will be live in each city talking about the current state of the art of the technology, what is currently being done, and what the roadmap looks like for this technology rolling forward.
Thomas Poppelgaard has been awarded the title Citrix Technology Professional (CTP.) Thomas is a Citrix Certified Integration Architect (CCIA) specializing in how CAD/CAE/CAM applications can be virtualized with Citrix, VMware, Microsoft SBC/VDI technologies with NVIDIA GPU technology.
I am looking forward to seeing rooms full of people being amazed at the quality of graphics delivery that is now possible for every Citrix/Terminal Server/Remote Desktop/VDI environment. This is the first event of its kind that has been put together demonstrating this technology live both in the room and from the cloud simultaneously. Hopefully we can help you shave days to weeks off of the research you would have to normally do with new technology like this in one big event.