Citrix XenDesktop 7 Training
Getting formal Citrix training can be a tall order for Citrix engineers that find themselves without a backup to take care of the farm while they are away at training or have difficulty getting training dollars approved.
For its part, Citrix recently introduced a new free training offering to help those supporting Citrix get a handle on what all is part of Citrix XenDesktop 7.
CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7 is a free self-paced two hour online course updated and revised to include all of the features in the latest XenDesktop 7 release. This class is a requirement for those that will seek further Citrix training with an instructor led XenDesktop 7 class.
This class covers the basics in application and desktop virtualization terminology, explores the components that ultimately make up a XenDesktop solution with some use cases to help you see where they technology may or may not fit in your organization.
This course has been updated to include XenDesktop 7.1 features, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft Windows 8.1 and does a nice job of explaining what the migration path might look like for companies still wrestling with older versions of the software, including Presentation Server 4.x.
More specifically, the course documentation says you should have a good handle on the following upon completing the Introduction to XenDesktop 7 course.
- Describe the XenDesktop 7 product and the components in a typical deployment
- Identify the key features of XenDesktop 7, including support in XenDesktop 7.1 for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Describe the key benefits for Enterprises and Service Providers, both new and existing
- Explain customer pain points and the solutions that XenDesktop 7 provides
- Identify the key advantages over other market options
- Explain the XenDesktop 7 architecture
- Identify the path of migration to XenDesktop 7
- Explain the XenDesktop 7 Training Suite
If a XenDesktop 7 upgrade is still far in your future or if you are still trying to wrap your head around Citrix XenApp 6.5, Whitehat is holding live classroom based, online-live and onsite Citrix instructor-led classes in Austin, Houston and San Antonio throughout 2014. You can learn more about those classes here.