Why Choose Managed IT Services?
Managed IT Services in Austin, TX
For firms with a long-term outlook, Managed IT Services represent the best-practice method of IT outsourcing. It offers the client-firm proactive, third-party administration of selected IT resources by Managed Service Providers (MSPs). To this extent, the MSP positions itself as the client's partner and outsourcing agent.
Specialized software environments, such as Citrix facilitative and enabling products, are frequently temperamental, at least in the hands of often under-trained or overworked, in-house IT personnel. Managed IT Services can be a useful solution because this model supplies expertise and experience to appropriately administer and guide these explicit software applications.
This arrangement works very well for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that lack larger firms' economies of scale. Small businesses don't often have the financial or technical resources to maintain, operate and upgrade the in-house repertoire of IT infrastructure required to remain competitive. Under these circumstances, outsourcing IT to a managed service provider can provide peace of mind, increase ROI and allow the business owner to focus on growing the business.
Managed IT Services for SMBs
Managed service providers support and supervise clients’ computer systems, network infrastructure and servers externally at a reasonable cost, by eliminating the expense of maintaining these services in-house. For small to medium sized businesses (SMBs), the managed service provider delivers the enterprise benefits of managed service with cost effective and customized, bundled applications accompanying the supplied IT-hardware. Managed service providers frequently combine original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products from other firms into packages of Managed IT Services. These can include training and consultation for Citrix and similar products that require explicit background and support.
Managed Service Providers that specialize in working with smaller firms are positioned to focus on SMBs specialized IT-needs. The service-packages generate the added-value to the business; in addition to product customization, consultation, and integration of the bundle into the IT infrastructure. Service implementation and training can also be part of the MSP-package. Figure 1 graphically represents a typical arrangement for small businesses.
Figure 1: Value-added Managed IT Services for a Small Business
With a complete value-added Managed IT Service-package, SMBs can access:
• The full range of managed IT services for hardware and software components, networking, and developments in server application at a fixed monthly rate.
• Outsourced management of all client network arrangements, such as call center/messaging administration, IP telephony, supervised firewalls, monitoring/reporting of network servers, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
• Wide area network (WAN) provision, frame relay service and the full repertoire of cloud computing and storage are integral components of Managed IT Services.
• Expert-knowledge required for maintaining and troubleshooting specialized software systems such as Citrix.
• Immediate feedback and consultation for your IT problems from trained Managed Service Provider professionals, at much lower expense.
• Managed backup of all processes, with 24/7 security.
• Managed Service Provider SP-support to assure all IT problems are resolved either through online consultation or on-site maintenance.
• Provision of Network Operation Center (NOC) and helpdesk services.
• Analytic processing of your organization's key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor progress and designate areas for improvement.
• Dedicated network administration assuring best practice performance and centralized service ticket resolution.
• Increased employee productivity resulting from both expedited IT-service provision and banishment of in-house disagreements and aggravation, leading to a more relaxed, better motivated workforce.
• Continuous IT-upkeep to maintain performance standards and ascertain your system’s needs are addressed prior to crash or collapse, ensuring the system is running at the expected level of quality and performance (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Basic Advantages of Managed IT Services for SMBs
Superior Proactive IT Management
Managed IT Service Providers are proactive, rather than reactive; they seek and make system improvements for clients. In addition to ensuring systems operate with minimal setback and trauma, managed service providers assertively seek enriched and updated delivery of the specified IT-processes their clients pay for and expect. Addressing potential problem areas within the client's IT system is a major step forward compared to other methods of IT-management, where the approach is responding to crises after they emerge. These reactive approaches generate significantly more crashes, user-downtime and related system inefficiencies than well-implemented managed IT service programs.
Providing clients with a defined set of IT-services, the managed service provider generally charges either a fixed monthly rate for managed IT services or an ongoing flat-rate of a different schedule (weekly, bimonthly, quarterly, etc.). This arrangement offers SMB-clients reliable forecasts for both expenditures and budgetary decision-making for IT. When working with focused software, inexpensive deployment of powerful enabling equipment is more likely to be accomplished with managed IT service providers ; in-house IT-personnel often lack the background or expertise to provide timely, inexpensive solutions.
Proactive managed service providers offer best-practice, outsourced management for corporate IT of all kinds, but particularly for those relying on specialized software or applications that frequently exceed the purview of in-house IT-personnel.